Academics at Prescott College
Prescott College offers courses students need to meet endorsement requirements. Completion of the following approved course work identified by the Arizona Department of Education leads to an endorsement in the following areas: K-8 Reading Endorsement, Structured English Immersion(SEI), and Early Childhood Education.
Reading Endorsement (K-8)
The Arizona Department of Education’s new requirements for the Reading Endorsement (K-8) were revised July 1, 2011. Prescott College offers a reading endorsement program that complies with these requirements. This 24-semester credit program can be completed through an online delivery format and through our mentored-based study.
- Content Area Reading and Writing for Elementary (3 semester credits)
- Foundations of Language and Literacy (3 semester credits)
- Assessment and Measurement (3 semester credits)
- Decoding Strategies and Techniques for Beginning and Remedial Readers(3 semester credits)
- Reading Instruction for Diverse Learners from Assessment and Balanced Literacy Programs (3 semester credits)
- Diagnosis and Remediation of Reading Difficulties (3 semester credits)
- Clinical Practice in Reading/Reading Practicum (3 semester credits)
- Instructional Supervision for the Reading Specialist (3 semester credits)
Structured English Immersion (SEI) Endorsement
One course (3 semester credits) is required to meet Full Structured English Immersion, K-12 Endorsement Requirements.
Structured English Immersion Methods
Early Childhood Education Endorsement (birth through age eight)
This endorsement requires 23 semester hours of early childhood education course work and eight (8) semester credits of student teaching.
- Foundations of Early Childhood Education (3 semester credits)
- Child Growth and Development (2 semester credits)
- Early Language and Literacy (3 semester credits)
- Parent, Family, School, and Community (3 semester credits)
- ECE Instructional Techniques and Methodologies (3 semester credits)
- Child Guidance and Classroom Management (3 semester credits)
- Characteristics and Practices in a Young Child’s Behavior (3 semester credits)
- Assessment & Measurement (3 semester credits)
- Early Childhood Practicum 1: Student Teaching Birth through Pre-K (4 semester credits)
- Early Childhood Practicum 2: Student Teaching Kindergarten through Grade 3 (4 semester cred
Life & Career OutcomesLife & Career Outcomes
- Elementary School Teacher
Academic ResourcesAcademic Resources
Prescott College Library
The Prescott College Library supports the curriculum with a variety of print and electronic resources. Our library catalog reflects not only our collection but that of more than 30 other libraries in Yavapai county. A system-wide library card allows borrowers to request books from any library in the county. Online resources include millions of full-text articles available through our article databases, and over 130,000 e-books available through ebrary.More Information